TAMU Homepage TAMU Libraries Homepage TAMU Digital Library Homepage

Gathright Hall - 24

Show full item record

Title: Gathright Hall - 24
Creator: Unknown
Description: Buildings: Gathright Hall
Gathright Hall
Built 1876
Razed 1933
Cost- Approximately $38,500
Architect- Jacob Larmour
Contractor- George Figh
Originally known as Steward's Hall, its name was changed about 1898 to honor A&M's first president, Thomas S. Gathright. Gathright Hall served as the first mess hall and dormitory and also as the residence of the president of A&M until 1891. It was located between Legett and Milner Halls. Its site is indicated by a small marker. (Band Hall)
Publisher: Digital: Cushing Memorial Library and Archives, Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas
Physical: Cushing Memorial Library and Archives, Texas A&M University
URI: http://hdl.handle.net/1969.1/113794
Date: 1926

Citation

Unknown (1926). Gathright Hall - 24. Digital: Cushing Memorial Library and Archives, Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas; Physical: Cushing Memorial Library and Archives, Texas A&M University. Available electronically from http : / /hdl .handle .net /1969 .1 /113794.

Files in this item

Files Size Format View
3543450534_b2136e24b2_b.jpg 429.3Kb JPEG image Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show full item record